As a Legal Nurse Consultant since 1990, Claudia P. Caparco B.S. R.N., has worked in the legal community (plaintiff/defense), with insurance companies, and with corporations. Ms. Caparco has extensive knowledge and experience in the analysis and evaluation of medical malpractice & negligence, personal injury and criminal law cases.
Ms. Caparco is a member of the:
American College of Forensic Examiners – Diplomate of the American Board of Forensic Nursing
American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (AALNC)
International Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN)
- Handling of minor/routine cases and also complex cases involving voluminous medical records of plaintiffs/defendants with catastrophic injuries.
- Advice attorney/client on what records are needed to analyze the case.
- Reviewing, analyzing, interpreting and summarizing medical records and other pertinent documents.
- Preparing medical summaries, medical chronologies, medical timelines, and reports.
- Researching and integrating medical and nursing literature as it relates to the medical facts and issues of a case.
- Providing support at all stages of the legal proceedings, including depositions, discovery, mediations / arbitrations, and trial to assist with clinical information and witness examination questions.
- Depositions: assisting in preparing deposition questions; reviewing, analyzing, summarizing depositions associated with a case.
- Identifying, locating and conferring with expert witnesses.
- Preparing file for expert review including letter to the expert.
- Prepare and advice the attorney on the medical issues of the case and give recommendations for further case handling.
- Assist in the understanding of injuries / damages / permanencies. Advice on aspects of diagnosis, medical findings, underlying medical conditions, and expected course of recovery.
Personal attributes include:
Experienced working on multiple projects at a time.
Attention to detail.
Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Proficiency with computers, word processing and the internet.
Excellent oral/written communication skills.
Effective organizational skills with regard to time management, task prioritization, and integration of information from a variety of sources.
Ability to prioritize an ever-changing workload.
Fluent in Spanish.