As a Legal Nurse Consultant since 1990, Claudia P. Caparco B.S. R.N., has worked in the legal community (plaintiff/defense), with insurance companies, and with corporations. Ms. Caparco has extensive knowledge and experience in the analysis and evaluation of medical malpractice, wrongful death, personal injury and criminal law cases.
Ms. Caparco is a member of the:
American College of Forensic Examiners – Diplomate of the American Board of Forensic Nursing
American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (AALNC)
International Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN)
- Handling of minor/routine cases and also complex cases involving voluminous medical records of plaintiffs/defendants with catastrophic injuries.
- Advice attorney/client on what records are needed to analyze the case.
- Reviewing, analyzing, interpreting and summarizing medical records and other pertinent documents.
- Preparing medical summaries, medical chronologies, medical timelines, and reports.
- Researching and integrating medical and nursing literature as it relates to the medical facts and issues of a case.
- Providing support at all stages of the legal proceedings, including depositions, discovery, mediations / arbitrations, and trial to assist with clinical information and witness examination questions.
- Depositions: assisting in preparing deposition questions; reviewing, analyzing, summarizing depositions associated with a case.
- Identifying, locating and conferring with expert witnesses.
- Preparing file for expert review including letter to the expert.
- Prepare and advice the attorney on the medical issues of the case and give recommendations for further case handling.
- Assist in the understanding of injuries / damages / permanencies.
- Review, analyze, interpret and summarize medical records and other pertinent documents to document pain and suffering.
- Experienced as an Expert Fact Witness (Federal Rule 1006) presenting voluminous information in a clear and concise manner.
- Advice on aspects of diagnosis, medical findings, underlying medical conditions, and expected course of recovery.
Personal attributes include:
Experienced working on multiple projects at a time.
Attention to detail.
Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Proficiency with computers, word processing and the internet.
Excellent oral/written communication skills.
Effective organizational skills with regard to time management, task prioritization, and integration of information from a variety of sources.
Ability to prioritize an ever-changing workload.
Fluent in Spanish.