Alpha CHECKPOINT has significant knowledge and experience in the field of laboratory testing and related forensic services. We also recognize that there are circumstances that require specialized panels of testing – call us for a consultation of your specific needs.
Our expertise in testing for courts, probation, legal cases, and private testing is extensive.
All of our samples are collected under strict chain of custody procedures and are sent to certified laboratories.
Common reasons and circumstances for drug and alcohol testing include:
- Pre-placement / Pre-employment
- Reasonable Suspicion
- Post-accident / Incident
- Student Drug Testing
- Individual (private)
- Court Ordered
Testing Laboratories including Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and SAMHSA certified:
- Test sample collections performed electronically for FORMFOX and LABCORP
- DOT: Beginning January 1, 2018, in addition to the existing DOT drug testing panel (that includes marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, phencyclidine (PCP), and opiates), you will also be tested for four semi-synthetic opioids (i.e., hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone, oxymorphone). https://tinyurl.com/y277vjfg
- NON-DOT: Customized drug testing panels to fit your specific needs.
Hair growth is fed by the bloodstream, thus, the ingestion of drugs of abuse is revealed by analyzing a small sample of hair. Hair drug tests analyze for the parent drugs and their metabolites inside the hair shaft (follicle). Metabolites are only produced by the body and cannot be an environmental contaminant. Since drug molecules are embedded inside the hair shaft, hair drug testing results cannot be altered with shampoos, dyes, bleaches or other external contaminants/chemicals.
Hair testing is excellent in identifying the chronic drug user or in monitoring an individual’s drug use.
- DOT and NON-DOT breathalyzer testing.
During the test an Evidential Breath Testing (EBT) device will be used to determine alcohol concentration levels. The following cut-off levels will be used for screening when testing breath, to determine whether it is negative, or positive, for alcohol.
Breath Alcohol Levels:
- Less than 0.02 – Negative
- 0.02 and above – Positive (Requires Confirmation Test)
Specialized Testing Panels
♦ Opiates & Extended (semi-synthetic) Opiates (codeine, morphine, heroin metabolite 6-MAM, oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone): Available in hair and urine testing
♦ Synthetic Cannabinoids (K2, Spice) (hyperlink for description): Available in urine testing only
♦ Unknown Substance Drug Scan: An unknown substance analysis is performed when a person finds a pill, powder or other substance that they suspect is a drug. Through our affiliation with an accredited toxicology and forensic testing laboratory we can provide testing of urine, hair, pill, powder, or liquid for the following substances:
- Symphathomimetic Amines
- Barbiturates; Benzodiazepines
- Cocaine; Marijuana
- Anticholinergics; Antifungals
- Antitussive/Expectorant; Antihistamines
♦ Fentanyl (synthetic opioid, up to 100 times more potent than morphine): Available in hair and urine testing
♦ We offer numerous other drug panels (available in hair and urine testing) – call us for a consultation of your specific needs
♦ Drug-Facilitated Sexual Assault Panel (aka Date Rape Panel): “Date Rape” drugs are hypnotics, sedatives and other types of medications that cause a person to have lapses in memory; loss of motor control, consciousness and/or inhibitions; and slurred speech. Through our affiliation with an accredited toxicology and forensic testing laboratory we can provide testing of hair for the following substances:
- Gamma-Hydroxy Butyric Acid
- Barbiturates; Benzodiazepines
- Sedatives / Hypnotics
- Over the Counter Drugs
- Muscle Relaxants
- Hallucinogens / Stimulants
Anabolic Steroids Screen: Available in urine testing
- CLOSTEBOL (4-CHLOROTESTOSTERONE)
- NANDROLONE (19-NORTESTOSTERONE)